Disclosure of Position Reclassifications
On February 25, 2004, the government announced the mandatory publication of information concerning the reclassification of occupied positions in the Public Service of Canada.
This page provides information on the reclassification of occupied positions by department and agencies on a quarterly basis.
The rules and principles governing the reclassification of occupied positions are outlined in the Guidelines on Reclassification. With these guidelines deputy heads have the framework for exercising their authority for the reclassification of existing positions.
Some of the reasons that the duties of a position might change, causing the position to be reclassified are:
- changes to departmental/program mandate
- managers reorganize in response to external conditions that increase or decrease available resources
- managers reorganize to make more efficient and effective use of their financial and human resources, such as technology innovations, changes in employee competencies
- managers reassign work among their existing human resources to increase productivity, such as in response to vacancies that require temporary or permanent reassignment of work
- settlement of a classification grievance
Reclassification of occupied positions in the Public Service of Canada is an important and necessary management option. However, when contemplating changes to a position that may result in reclassification, management must endeavour to ensure the proper, effective and efficient use of public money. The cost implication associated with upward reclassification must be known, transparent and support accountability for classification decisions.
Government-wide position reclassification departmental websites – Information on these websites will be updated every three months, starting in October 2004.
|Fiscal Year 2006-2007||Fiscal Year 2007-2008||Fiscal Year 2008-2009|
|Fiscal Year 2009-2010||Fiscal Year 2010-2011||Fiscal Year 2011-2012|
|Fiscal Year 2012-2013||Fiscal Year 2013-2014||Fiscal Year 2014-2015|
|Fiscal Year 2015-2016||Fiscal Year 2016-2017|
- Date modified: